Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014

Taking stock of the year that has passed often brings about a sense of dread in me.

What have I achieved in the past year? Oh, nothing much. Same old, same old. Not much of a "career" in the traditional sense. Sure, I've had a kid. Sure, I've had two. Sure, I'm about to celebrate 10 years of marriage in a few months. But other than that? Ho-hum. Nothing much. It's hot today isn't it?

Except, why do I keenly feel the need to identify myself within the confines of a career?

I guess I've always thought I'd be a bit of an achiever when it came to work. (At the very least, I thought I'd be earning more!) And it's a battle I fight each year, when December 31 comes around.

With the drama and adventure of 2013, you'd think I'd have learnt my lesson on what deems as important!

So I guess I really should take stock and refocus on my real achievements hey?
  • I've had a kid! He's turned 7! And he's smart and won't stop talking!
  • I've had another kid! He's just turned 4 months! And he's smart and won't stop coo-ing!
  • Hubby and I have a strong marriage (which I gather, by the rate of relationships dissolving in 2014, is quite a feat).
  • I spent the last year in a job I truly enjoyed, and made new friends, some who remain very close.
  • I spent Christmas in Brisbane with close friends and got to ride the roller-coasters at the theme parks - trust me, this was a huge Win for me LOL.
  • Got to make new friends through Social Media, especially Instagram.

So! What do I look forward to for 2015?
  • Baby hitting new milestones
  • Celebrating 10 years of marriage
  • Deepening meaningful relationships
  • Possibly returning back to work. Possibly.
  • Trying out new cake designs and recipes and hopefully revamp the cake website.
  • Opening a new cafe with hubby and friends.
  • Flying back to Singapore to visit family.
  • Perhaps taking a holiday to a new destination - maybe Japan? Or Europe again (I wish!!)
In the meantime, this being a BABY blog, and since I've just had another BABY,  here're some pictures to drool over (literally, there's saliva everywhere right now!)





Soooo tiny 




Guess which one is Aidan and which is Adam?!






Aidan celebrating his 7th birthday at school 


Made a Minecraft cake



My lovely kikki. K family 





#squishycheeks


Family shot on my birthday 


More piccies to come!

No comments: