Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 13, 2007

In the beginning...

DAY 1

It all began on the 9th of Jan (well, 5 weeks before that, but let's not go into it), Saz and I have been talking about this whole baby thing for a while and decided that we'll give it a shot (no jokes there...) ad see how we go. Anyway, her period was late so we decided that she should just get a pregnancy kit to test just to get all our uncertainties out of the way.


That was the 9th of Jan, we had this whole discussion of whether we should test when we get home or just go ahead and test it in the office. So there she was, testing herself in the office while I was in Crema trying to fix my fridge. Then the phone call came, "you better see this" the voice said. So I dropped everything and went upstairs. Saz was sitting at a round table with the kit in front of her. She showed it to me.

Wooohooo!!!!

The excitement is amazing but at the same time the fear strikes just as hard. At this point it really isn't the fear of parenting but the fear of disappointment. The 1st tri-mester is the riskiest time of all, many pregnacies are lost without even knowing it.

Lord I pray for your covering over Sarah and our child. I pray for the safety of both mother and child throughout this pregnacy, and that you will cover them with good health and zero complications. Thank you for this wonderful blessing, the blessing of new life, not just in the form of this child, but in the form of new phase for Sarah and I. In Your Name, Amen.

No comments: