Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Accomplishments

Having surfed past a friend's blog, which I hadn't ventured to in more than a year unfortunately, I chance upon his high-flying adventuring ways. And I lament at what my life could have been - if not as extremely exotic as his, but at least charged with passion and energy at doing what you love and have been dreaming about for 10 years. As a job, no less.

My new career as a SAHM (that's stay-at-home-mum in the bubhub lingo) was someething I really looked forward to. Never realised it would be so hard though! And the thought of returning to Melbourne in a little over a week, to face a life of quiet domesticity with just me, A, E and the walls is enuf to drive me insane. I'll sorely miss my family, my in-laws' (although I can do without the niece & nephew fighting each other - apart they're great, together they're, well, kids (read: whiny & annoying - sorry!), and especially my sister's company; it's rare to find that fun girlfriend I can talk about pop culture easily with, AND have our feet bitten at by fish AND not feel pressured to make conversation when all we really want to do is read a magazine while sipping tea at a cafe (EG tells me I'm rude if I do that with our friends around.) But I digress.

I think the part, honestly, that I truly dread about returning to Melbourne, is having to COOK! Gagh. I don't mind baking, but having to think of, plan, buy groceries and prepare meals is really... eurgh. Maybe I coudda been a contenda, a jet-setter, a swingin' single party animal. I just want to find something I love doing, to push an edge. Maybe my edge is to be the best mum there is (but if that really is it, then I'm sorely uneducated). Sigh.

This look says it all.



1 comment:

soph said...

haha, that pic of aidan is soooo cute! hope to see you guys again soon - totally identify with some of your sentiments.