Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Missing my wife and kid

Not having Saz and Aidan around is hard. Not that I don't enjoy the freedom and undisturbed night sleep but maybe something has changed in me.

Oh before I go on, for those of you who don't know, Saz extended her trip in Singapore while I came back to Melbourne and will only be back on the 11th of Feb.

I think that some people expect me to be enjoying this time of "freedom" with a wife and kid. I mean, I can do whatever I want and stay up as late as I want and even eat whatever I want. But what if what I want is to have them with me.

I think that for as long as I know, I've always wanted to settle down. My picture of a perfect life is a loving wife, a few kids and a house with a white picket fence. Yes I know, the "American Dream". Weird coming from a Singaporean I know. But that's me.

So yes, I not really enjoying this "freedom" that I have and really wish that they are back with me in Melbourne. I think that once you have a kid, everything changes. I've said that many times but I think that this is the first instance that not only the routines have changed but I now believe that something deeper in me has changed. I can't live without them, or can even imagine life with Saz and Aidan. They are as a part of me as my fingers are part of my hand.

I guess what I'm really trying to say at 230am in the morning is that I love them and really miss them heaps. Come back soon.

1 comment:

Saz said...

a FEW kids??!! I'm not sure about that....

;-) missing you heaps too deary. We'll be back soon - next next Monday in fact!