Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 19, 2008

Sleeps

We had a bit of a scare last night, when EG went to pick Aidan up to resettle him. His face was reddish, and when EG looked at his own left shoulder (the one Aidan was leaning on) his white t-shirt was covered in blood! Lots of it. Poor bubba had scratched his face badly, and I think his gums too. His breath smelled of blood.

Sigh. Last week his eczema had completely cleared up! It lasted for 2 days, then came back. I'm wondering if we over-used the cream that was working for him. We've stopped using that now, and upp-ed his sorbolene moisturiser. Boo... poor baby. I never realised how distressed I was by it until it actually cleared up and I good sense my mood lighten up! But now...ah wells. At least the discharge in his eye cleared up after medication drops, and he's sleeping through!

YES, did I mention it before? He's sleeping through! After all the routines and sleep training and upp-ing his solids intake, my bubba can sleep till 7am without me needing to resttle him in the middle of the night! He's doing 9pm to 7am, with a sleepy top-up at 11pm, although we're gonna try eliminating that last one, and adjusting him eventually so he can do 7pm - 7am. FINALLY!

So overall, I'm grateful. I'm getting more sleep. We've got a comfortable life here in Australia. I've got a fantastic husband who does more than his fair share of caring for bubba while working hard to provide for us. God is good. Life is good too!


No comments: