Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 26, 2008

Silly Songs with Sarah

For those who've known me for awhile, you know that I've been writing silly songs for awhile. My little collection has grown well over the years, and it's been real fun composing new ditties when Aidan was born. Now I just need to find my old diary where I wrote everything down! SNIFF! Can't remember which box I've put it in for the move...hope it comes up when we unpack...

Anyhoo! Here's a brand new one I came up with while feeding Aidan lunch yesterday. He seemed to like it, smiling as I sang/composed it while he ate. He's my muse! ;-)

To the tune of "Bicycle Built for Two":

Pumpkin, pumpkin
I'd like to chew on you
You look so yummy, with that golden orange hue
You'd taste so fine and dandy
And if you don't, you won't offend me
'Coz you're so sweet, like a root or a beet
In a belly that's made for you!

Just in case you can't figure out how to fit the third-last line to the tune, you've gotta sing "and if you don't" super fast, on a triple-beat.

Here's another one I came up with before Aidan was born!
As with all my best songs, this one came in the shower.

Squidgy, squeegy,
squishy little hippo
Squidgy, squeegy, squish!
I love to play with all kinds of hippos
Squidgy, squeegy, squish!

Flippy, floopy, flappy little birdies
Flippy, floopy, flap!
I love to play with all kinds of birdies
Flippy, floopy, flap!

I think I had another verse about a bat? Or some
other kinda animal, but I can't remember what!

If I do find my Silly Song diary, I'll jot them all down in upcoming posts. Look out for it!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you please please record the songs and put them up on MySpace or something? then i'll be your fan!

Saz said...

Oh thanks Soph! Great idea...may do that, if i figure out the technical side! I'd made up another one when he was abt 3 months too, based on this toy it had. Heh! It goes:

There's a pink triangle and a blue square
And an orange circle if you look there
There's a purple stand, holding it all up
And a green ring, so that they won't fall apart!

Ok, not the most elegant of prose, but ok lah!