Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rainy Day afternoon

So we've abandoned the healthy-cookie baking idea this arvo in favour of making...Playdough! Yes, coloured sticky fun for everyone.

The recipe I used:
2 cups of plain flour
4 tablespoons of cream of tartar
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
1 cup of salt
2 cups of boiling water
Food colouring



Yes, the delicious (I'm sure you've snuck in a piece or two when you were a kid, come on, admit it) recipe calls for ONE WHOLE CUP OF SALT. What the?!! That's half my bottle at home! That's a heck of a lotta sodium in one sculpture.

Anyhoos, here's the photos taken from my iPhone. Grazie to PhoneView's trial version which allowed me to transfer the photos from my iPhone to my comp.


Mix mix mix...


Voila! A lump of dough. Then I split it in half,
and coloured one lump pink, the other green...

Weee!!!

Fun on a rainy day indoors...

We had lots of fun, creating "snow" men, logs with button-balls, "cookies", cut out animals, and I even created a "map" using the dough to explain to Jeremy D (who's staying on my couch for a couple weeks) how to get to the bus stop. Isn't Playdough useful?!!

Note: As I'm typing this blog, A is sitting next to me with the iPhone learning new words, and recognising shapes. He actually knows "SUB!" and "WAGON!" now. What a clever kid!!


No comments: