Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Duck Tales (woo ooo!)

Tuesday was particularly eventful - we spent the morning touring Singapore uniquely (haha) from the river's point of view.

We got to see the Flyer unobstructed, the Merlion, the impending IR... and Aidan was bored bored BORED throughout the whole experience!

I think he had the most fun when we disembarked and he got to play with his duck whistle (which really sounds like a duck! A German tourist standing behind my Dad at the counter asked him to blow the whistle and promptly bought it for...HUNTING!!)

*grumble* I could've saved the $$ spent on him and just bought the duck whistle straightaway from the counter. That said, my parents and I really enjoyed the tour, and our tour guide was pretty entertaining, throwing bits of useful information interlaced with historical fact. Like how the Swissotel Stamford's (formerly the Westin) the world's tallest building...20 years ago. And how the record holder for its vertical marathon last year of 1336 stairs clocked in at 6 mins 46 seconds. SIX minutes!! That's faster than the LIFT!!

I love the prize though - you get return tickets to the Big Apple, with an invitation to climb the Empire State Building. As the guide campily proclaimed, "So yes, ladies and gentlemen, your prize for climbing a really tall building...is to climb another really tall building!!"

My little ducky's big adventure:


All aboard!!


*Gasp* You mean we sit in it and not eat it?!


Off we go with our fellow tourists


Finally! A clear view of Aidan's favourite Flyer


And the Merlion
(NB: I only just found out what it means "to merlion" thanks to hubby
regaling me with story of NS drinking days) .



"This is my country...this is my land..."


Quack quack!!




No comments: