Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Toilet training part 1

Now that's it's the new year, I'm officially starting to toilet-train Aidan.

Officially, I say, because last year we tried, but not fully consistently, mostly on account of me. I wasn't very consistent at putting him on the dunny and asking him to go. Or when I did, he was more interested in playing with the toilet paper roll and flushing than really with the actual business of going.

Yesterday, however, was a semi-improvement. We finally bought some underwear at Best & Less (for only $1! I bought TWELVE pairs!!) and the day before I'd let him go nappy-less and he did a wee on the floor (and then the rug later in the evening!). It served its purpose - to show him the consequence of not going in the toilet. Of course if we're out of the house the nappies go on...don't want accidents in public!

Anyways, back to yesterday. I'd popped him into the bathtub for his shower, and asked him to go. And he did! On command! And he could control it! Stop and go, stop and go... there was a lot of cheering going on in that bathroom I tell ya! And a chocolate mini-muffin reward. And this morning I popped on his new underwear, which turned out to be too big, so I had to clip it together with a BULLDOG CLIP.

Proof

Hey I can't help it if he's a lot tinier than the ang moh kids around here ok?! It's the smallest size they had!

NB: Routines are finally back in order, he's back to feeding himself again, and eating the foods he used to eat (rejected bread and all his favourite stuff in Singapore!) HOWEVER....he's still waking TWICE a night, once at 2am, once at 5am...argffff


No comments: