Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, February 15, 2008

They are back!

Yup, my family is finally back in Melbourne with me. So good to finally have them by my side. Aidan has grown so much since I last saw him. Not sure if he actually recognises me but he still smiles when he sees me so that must be a good thing.

Anyway since they came back Sarah and I decided that we need to get Aidan back on track with his feeding schedule. No more holiday mood, and man, it's hard. Basically it meant that we had to stretch his feeds a bit more and yes...let him cry a lot more. Our main objective is to teach him to resettle himself, which he hasn't been able to do since we went back to Singapore cos there's always someone to pick him up when he cries. Sorry matie, no more of that.

Today was Day 1 and it has actually gone a lot smoother than I had expected. Yes he cried when we tried to get him to sleep. Yes he had to endure (we had to endure it too) 15 mins of crying before we went to pick him up and put him back down again. Did that ALL day. Don't think that we've ever heard him cry so much, so much that his voice has gone a little hoarse. We had to keep reassuring him that we love him and Saz and I had to reassure each other that we are doing the right thing as well.

Yup, trying to get him to sleep through the night comes at a price. But we'll push on...now onto Day 2. The crying continues...

No comments: