Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A series of unfortunate events...2

It's been awhile since the elements have all come together to create a cosmic crunch that can really stretch and test the best of us, not to mention the least of us (meaning, me). This last week, in no particular order,

- Aidan's had an eye infection
- Aidan's had a fever (probably 'coz he's teething)
- We opened the cafe finally!
- We had our launch party
- Our new home's occupancy cert's been issued!
- Our car's been broken into (GPS's safe, phew)
- Window's smashed (not phew)
- Cut myself on glass from broken window
(not phew)
- Saved Aidan from being cut by glass from broken window by removing a small bit on his car seat which he could've swallowed (phew)

Yikes!

To top it off, as I left the party to pick Aidan up from Ivy's, it started raining! Driving with a broken window in the rain... now that's the stuff sad songs are made off. That and discovering a huge welt on my cheek when I finally reached home (Aidan was SO cranky Ivy had to drive us back, with Stephen fetching her home after. This, at midnight! These two are my HEROES!), probably from a mozzie in Aidan's room.

What more can happen? I discovered bumps on his hands and feet, and took him to the doc's yesterday. Thankfully, it's probably a post-viral thingy from his eye infection. And last night, he woke up crying at 3am, and I couldn't go back to sleep after, so I'm pretty much a wreck today.

But thankfully, today's almost over. And Aidan's been cheerful at dinner-time. He was pretty cranky after his nap in the arvo and I stupidly gave him a bath thinking it'd calm him down (nope! Plus he peed on the bathroom floor!) And I discovered rotating his toys in his playpen FREQUENTLY at least lets him enjoy sitting in there.

Whatever the case, I believe God's really stretching my patience through all these challenges. With his 12-month mark nearing, and the toddler years (toilet-training, gulp!) coming up, I'll need oodles of it!



No comments: