Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Aidan's first girlfriend

SUCH a cute thing happened yesterday. As usual I picked him up from childcare, and Mia, the friend he always talks about, was getting picked up by her Dad too. We always tease Aidan about Mia, saying "Is Mia your girlfriend?" to which he always shyly/slyly turns away and says "Nooooo!"

Well yesterday, as they were leaving, he pointed to Mia and said, "Mia, girlfriend!" I was a little embarrassed mind you, after all her Dad whom I'd never met before was standing there, and here my son was, declaring his eternal devotion. But Mia was nonplussed.

I said, "Aidan, why don't you give Mia a hug goodbye?" and Mia's dad added "Yeah, go give him a cuddle and a kiss. " So they cutely toddled towards each other, gave each other a hug and pat-pat on the back, and MIA LEANED IN FOR A KISS - ON THE LIPS!!

Then they toddled back towards their respective parents.

Sniff, my boy's all grown up. Got his first kiss (from a peer, not like, from Aunties he knows...). And in front of the girl's Dad too!! What a stud haha!!





No comments: