Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Flutters

I can't believe how long it's been since we posted - 4 months! Lots have happened since then, so let's get straight onto it.

Met a good GP at QV Medical One.

Had my 12-week ultrasound at COGUS in Balwyn; saw our little one, about 6cm long. He/she had his/her hand to his/her mouth - kinda looked like he/she was rapping.

Had my first visit at the Royal Women's on Apr 2nd, went pretty well, glad I was finally seeing them (was 17 weeks!!). The visit took about 2-3 hours, including like a 1 1/2 hour waiting time!!

Went to Easter Camp with the gang. Kinda funny not to be running around during the games, but it was still such an awesome time connecting with people.

Had our 2nd anniversary on Apr 9th...it was fantastic. Went up to Mt. D with friends Irv n Wendy n Charles, ate at Miss Marples. Great anniversary, ended poignantly with a great conversation between me and EG. *mush alert* He said he couldn't have imagined being more in love with me since our wedding, ('coz he thought the wedding was like the epitome of how one could love another), and yet... with my pregnant self he still finds me beautiful, and is constantly affirming me. He's been an absolute gem during this time...I kinda think the pregnancy's brought us closer as a wedded couple.

Had our 20-week ultrasound recently. The baby's so developed now! We could see its features, hands, legs, bones, brain (yes, brain stem and all!), heart etc. And it's a BOY!! (We couldn't tell...the doctor told us right at the end. I didn't even notice his er..boy bits)

Had a checkup 2 days ago on Monday, and EG listened to the baby's heart beat using a Doppler device. It's pretty rapid - about 120 bpm. :-) How cute!

Yesterday, I think I felt the baby move! It was kinda fluttery, so at first I thought it was gas or something...like my food digesting. It was above the belly button so I thought it couldn't be the baby (at 21 weeks, the uterus stretches from around the belly button to the pelvic bone - about 22cm; baby's about 18cm I think? Span of my hand from wrist to 3rd fingertip). But today I spoke to A. Kat, who's a nurse, and she says it's probably the baby, since a) you can feel the baby about now, b) especially after dinner, when you're relaxed, c) the baby can kick and stretch past the belly button area.

So yeah, I think Baby Soh was kicking!!

Soh far Soh good!!

Will post pictures up soon.

No comments: