Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 15, 2007

Baby's first plane ride

Aloha from the land...er, West-ward!

I'm here in Perth, having landed about an hour 1/2 ago, to spend some raucous time with my aunts and uncle and my parents. Woohoo! Have left poor hubby behind, missing him dearly though...

So far the 4 hour ride's been ok, and the bubs wasn't kicking much of a fuss (although he was still kicking me). Had to get up and stretch frequently so I wouldn't wear out my back, and we had in-flight Foxtel for FREE 'coz the system wasn't working properly mid-flight so they reset it so everyone could watch - poor suckers that paid $10. Baby and I were pretty happy... ;-)

Perth's much warmer than Melbie, so that's been good for us. My mum teared when she saw me and the growing bump - her first grandchild - and she quickly acknowledged that it brought back memories when she was pregnant with me. Sniff! How time flies eh? Meanwhile, Dad was looking sharp and savvy, with his new black-frame glasses - kinda like mine. Like Father like Daughter!

The Ding-Dong Aunties (and Uncle) were adorable as usual, cooking up a storm (yum! beehoon & gingko nut porridge), swarming over the Krispy Kremes I brought (nearly "confiscated" by a drooling customs official at the airport scanner), and plying me with heaps (and I mean HEAPS) of baby clothing. All blue! Only Aunty E was nice enough to remember the mum in this situation - hehe, she bought me a necklace. Oh and the nice angpow from Uncle S.

But mum also brought a music chime that I had when I was a baby, and I still remember it! She tied it with the ribbon from my wedding invite 2 years ago - how sentimental! Plus she also passed on a family heirloom - a gold anklet handed to me by my grandma, now for my son. Wow. Firstborn to firstborn... I love the idea of leaving a legacy, to pass on tradition, mementos, moments caught in time, in some meaningful way to the next generation.

Feeling very pampered, which is always nice! Tonight it's off to Fremantle with the Cousins and dinner at the Japanese restaurant Uncle K's friends have opened (whom I knew back in GMC days). Then it's down the coast touring and sight-seeing over the next few days, and also seeing Uncle Y!

Really wish EG is here to share this! (Don't be jealous! You have your PS2 & God-of-War...)

No comments: