Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 20, 2008

Growing so quickly

I think Aidan may have inherited the Soh hand-holding genes. It's a genetic predisposition that was present from day one - curling his tiny tiny fingers around one of mine, his little fist grasping on for dear life. Even now, his iron-grip is unrelenting as I lay him down to sleep in his cot - he fusses when I pull away, calms when my hand returns. What a cherished bubba. Just like his daddy, and his granny, both displaying generous affection with their loving hands. How warm, this family.

Some new updates! He's displaying his other lower front right-incisor, another little half-tooth to accompany his current one. Man, they are sharp, especially as he gnaws on my fingers to soothe his gums. Also, he's a super fast crawler! You should see the way he charges ahead to any object, especially power plugs and Wii remotes. That's when a firm, deep-voiced "NO, Aidan, stop!" is warranted, and he's actually learned to obey that command! He stops, looks at you, and as you beckon he crawls away or towards you. Other times, he cheekily checks my reaction before touching the forbidden object, ignores my NO, and that's when I have to get up and displace him in order to reinforce my command. I either place him in another part of the room, or in his playpen (without toys) - to which he protests loudly.

That's another new development; he's always enjoyed playing with his toys on his own in his playpen, but lately once he's in he starts to whiiiinnnneee and whiiiiiiinnnneee. I reckon it's 'coz he wants to be mobile and crawl around.
The cutest is when I leave him in his room for a bit to go down the hall and rinse his face-cloth in the toilet. Unable to bear my absence (aww, how sweet), he starts this half-crawl, half-cry slowly down the hall, his face screwed up pitifully. Like a puppy dog looking for its owner. Poor bubba! Either way, he's being very clingy, and with his fast-crawling action he manages to chase me into the kitchen while doing his signature hiccupy-whinge. Three seconds and he's there! Which could explain how he toppled off my bed this morning.

Gulp! Yes, ok! I'm sorry! I had to brush my teeth somehow, and he usually just sits there in the middle of the bed, but today he wanted to follow me into the toilet and even when I'd placed him on the floor earlier he just kept following me into the bathroom which has germs I tell you so I just put him on the bed which is waist-high off the floor and turned back to the mirror and the next thing I knew I heard a ker-plunk and I screamed and he was crying but more out of anger than of pain and when I picked him up he was ok and settled fairly quickly and there's no damage done so I'm not a bad mother ok?!

His nose is still a little red though.

No comments: