Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Leap of faith

As the title of this post suggests, being a parent can be an incredibly difficult decision to make. Some take years to consider the step, some jump in with feet (and find their other limbs dangling precipitously behind), others and pushed. Whatever the case, it takes and inordinate amount of strength, perseverance and patience to pull it off. And it never lets up - you'll still be a parent whether it's now or later in your sunset years...and you pray you done right by them, and done right by God.

Speaking of diving into the unknown, I rescued an enterprising young jumper today. My little joey sprocket decided that the change table wasn't enough fun, and since mummy was bending down to pick a pair of pants for me to wear, why don't I join her down there? So he took a plunge into the deep abyss below.
WEEEEEEE!!!! I yelped and grabbed him right in the middle of his free-fall, by the tummy, and held on to him tightly while he hung upside down, laughing and giggling away.

I just thank God that I'd decided a couple of days ago to swap his pants drawer over from the built-in cabinet. Can you imagine if I'd taken those few steps away?

In other news, I think his other little tooth is emerging from his lower gum to accompany his present one. We shall see!


No comments: