Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Egads!

WARNING: The following paragraphs contain descriptions of a graphic nature. Reader discretion advised. GRANDPARENTS - DO NOT continue reading if you are going to react adversely. We have everything under control, and are performing due diligence in preventing this sort of incident from occurring again.

Today I picked him up from his morning rant (at 4.30am), where he was once again standing at the edge of his cot barking at the door. He was pretty furious I took my time to come get him (like, 4 mins!) As I calmed him down and held his hands, it occurred to me his little fingers felt rougher than usual, as if there was some sort of adhesive on it. I figured it could've been the dry air in his room. After settling him down, I returned him to the cot and went back to bed.

Later that morning when I returned to change his nappy and as I glanced at his cot, shock horror! Blood! Again!

Now, I'm no stranger to seeing spotting on his sheets, or even on our clothes (see previous post). But this looked like something out of a crime scene. Or a blood donation drive gone horribly awry.







Egads! My faint and bleeding heart.

Well, we've started on the Coconut Oil treatment that my in-laws are advocating - a teaspoon-ful consumed a day, and applied topically as much as possible. We'll see how it goes!


No comments: