Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Jailbreak jailbait

This has been happening very often lately. Looks like the playpen ain't enough to keep him in no more!



If you look closely, the playpen was originally located on top of his playmat, where the window is. He's actually managed to push it around the corner! You can even hear him grunting with sheer exertion!

Other than this new display of superhuman
strength ("Aidan, Super Baby Extraodinaire!"), his physical dexterity has translated into mental deftness as well. Teach him something new - be it words or actions - and he picks it up almost immediately! He can now point to his nose when you ask him "Aidan, where's your nose?", clap his hands when you ask him to, and the cutest gesture, raise his fist to his ear (or if there's a phone handy) when you say "Hello?" or "Wei?" ("hello" in Mandarin). I'm working on teaching him numbers from 1 to 5 with his fingers - mind you I've been doing it for awhile, since he was about 3 months old - and now I've expanded to teaching it to him in Mandarin and Italian as well! He does the cutest thing when he sees me counting out the digits on my hand; he leans into my palm once I reach the number 5 'coz everytime I count and hit 5 I cover his little face with my hand. Now he expects it! Heh!

His vocabulary has extended beyond Deh deh and Ma ma too, to Door!, Ball! and most commonly - and insistently - MORE!. He says MORE! for everything, and especially when he sees us eating - even after he's had a full meal! The other night, after a HUGE bowl of porridge, he still insisted on having some of our pizza - I gave him a couple of crusts - and when we undressed him for a bath we could see his distended belly sticking out! Like some African kid! It was hilarious.

In other news, I had my first Bodypump session this morning... in FIVE years! So my arms are quite wobbly and weak...eeks. On the upside though, Aidan did terrific at the gym's childcare - the minders there actually said he was a joy to have, was well-adjusted and sociable, and played well with the other kids. All this on his 1st time there! So proud of little bubba, especially since he really hated his previous childcare place. Not sure if it's 'coz he's older and adapts quicker to new environments, or if it's the centre itself that's more welcoming, but I'm glad he did well. Hooray!




No comments: