Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Non c'e male, grazie

Aidan seems to be faring better at childcare lately. We put him in again today for another 2 hrs, his 5th session, with lunch this time. He actually reached out for one of the carers, Melissa, when EG arrived with him today! That's surely an improvement, even though he hardly ate his lunch, and wanted to be carried around as usual. Still uncomfortable I guess - it's an adjustment period after all.

The funny thing is, he behaved the same way yesterday at Mother's group too. Usually he's really good with mixing with the other kids and playing with toys at Sue-Mei's house, but yesterday he just refused to leave my side! He kept holding on, even when I was just a little distance away eating lunch at the table with the other mums. And when I placed him back amidst the toys and the other kids, he just kept crawling over and whingeing until someone picked him up. What a clingy boy he's become! And he was crying and bawling his eyes out the whole drive home from Doncaster! I though it might be the sunlight in his eyes and changed lanes; nope! Maybe it was because he lost his pacifier; nope! He actually spat his pacifier out, and I was at my wit's end, calling EG on the speaker phone so that he could calm Aidan down, but to no avail. As a last resort, I played my Silly Songs with Larry CD. WHO KNEW Bob, Larry and Archie Asparagus could have such a calming effect on a distraught 10-monthb old?! Phew!

I do hope he gets over this separation anxiety soon. EG says we should put him down to bed quicker - less cuddling and singing and patting before sleeps, which I think it's a good idea (even though cuddles with him are so yummy!) He's getting better at sleeping on his own, and is resettling himself well again, although there are still times when he screams the house down. Like this morning when I finally went to get him and he was crying with tears down his cheeks, but still HOLDING the pacifier in his right hand! So it's not the I-lost-my-pacifier-and-I-can't-find-it issue, it's a I'm-gonna-WAIL-until-someone-comes-pick-me-up-and-it'd-better-be-soon-mummy-or-else!

Well, at least he's getting used to childcare, which is good since I started my first class today! Buongiorno! Mi chiamo Sarah! (Good morning! My name is Sarah!). Sto bene, grazie! (I'm good, thanks!)


No comments: