Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Pleasant words are like a honeycomb

The world, I reckon, are split between two types of people. Baby-people and non-baby people. Baby people are those who coo and blubber whenever your baby's around. Non-baby people are those, like the guy sitting at the table next to our's during lunch, who flinched and turned away whenever his partner/friend cooed at Aidan. Aidan was being really friendly, gesturing and "waving" towards her. But her sour-puss friend just kept looking away uncomfortably. All right, I do admit I'm being more than a little indignant, but MY BABY IS CUTE DAMMIT, so cute in fact that Mr Uncomfortable-around-babies must renounce his non-baby loving past, stand up, and take the pledge of allegiance to all that is cute and slobbery!

It is in rare cases like these, when my adorable young son fails to elicit the requisite oohing and aahing and "oh my gosh, he is gorgeous" comments (to which I usually nod my head and smile benignly), that I unleash my most fiendish curse ever upon them (hastily muttered under my breath as we leave of course).

"May a thousand flies from a camel's bottom INFEST your armpits!!"

Harrumph. To prove to the world how cute my son is and what a great non-baby person proselitiser he is, here are some pics we took tonight. Bee-suit courtesy of my brother Aaron, who's been haranguing me to fit Aidan into it. Heeheehee...



Look at me buzz around like a busy buzzy bee!







More photos and video to come!


No comments: