Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Watching him grow

Watching Aidan grow is such an amazing experience. And he's doing it so fast as well. Sometimes, we just put him in the highchair and watch him. Like a soap opera, he'll go through a whole range of facial expressions, from smiling to being cheeky, from bouncing up and down to flinging his arms up and down. We love him!

Today we discovered a few things that he's learned to do.

1) I love flipping him upside down, and not just because I can but because he loves it. So what happens is that I'll have him face me then I'll hold his ankles and slowly pull him up, then I lower him to the ground and he'll usually use his head to prop himself while I lower his feet to the ground. But today he started to use his hands to hold his weight up while I lower his feet to the ground. He's never done that before. Cool.

2) While watching TV today, actually, while playing Xbox today, Aidan started to crawl towards the stairs. He's never really tried anything with the stairs because I guess he never really knew what to do with it. But today he started to climb up! We got a little scared and stood close to watch him but he actually made it up 2 steps before he stopped. We tried putting him at the bottom again and whipped out the video camera but he didn't really perform like before, this time only doing 1 step before he got bored. Amazing! He figured that out all by himself, what a brilliantly curious boy. We'll watch him next time and probably stop him to climbing the stairs, but this time we let him.

I mean, we take for granted all the simple day to day things that we as adults can do, like climb the stairs or open a door or even drive a car, but to be there to see a child learn these things and watch him do it for the first time....simply breathtaking (you really do hold your breath while they do it).

No comments: